Coming Soon

Tuesday 19 February 2013

Clandestine Classic acceptance!


It’s been a while since I posted, and it’s great to be finally back with some good news – the Clandestine Classic that I’ve been working on for Total-e-Bound has been accepted! Yay!

For those of you that don’t remember, Total-e-Bound’s first clutch of Clandestine Classic novels were released last year to a wave of publicity, some positive, some less so. In fact, some sites implied that the writers involved were plagiarists, that they were desecrating classic novels, and that they were obviously incapable of getting published under their own steam. All of which was ridiculous, of course. The writers in question were already published multiple times, the novels were out of copyright, and the original authors were credited for their own work. And let’s not forget that for everyone who didn’t want to read the sexual exploits of Heathcliff, Jane Eyre, Mina Harker, the original novels were still available. No damage had been done to them.

And actually, I’ve found that the new line has drawn my attention to novels I previously knew nothing about. While several in the series I had already read, I’ve now been introduced to such works as Dracula, Tarzan of the Apes and the Sherlock Holmes stories, which now have pride of place on my Kindle. Hardly a disaster for literature!

Unfortunately, I’m not able to say yet which novel I’ve been working on, but as soon as I can, I’ll be back here with an update. I’m looking forward to the edits, which are the next stage of the journey. In the meantime I’m working on another short and two novellas, one being a sequel to I Heard Your Voice, which I hope to have finished in a few weeks.

So best to all, and watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment