Coming Soon

Saturday 20 April 2013

T is for Travel

I'm not a good flier, but I love to travel. I never left the country growing up, so now that I can, I like to go to as many places as possible.

On my honeymoon, we went to Portugal.


Our hotel was on the marina in Vilamoura. We sailed with dolphins, we tried peri-peri chicken, and I discovered a heartfelt love for vinho verde.

Another year we went to Italy.


We stayed in Amalfi and spent the week visiting Pompeii, Paestum, Capri and Vesuvius while indulging ourselves on lemon tiramisu and buffalo mozzarella.

As mentioned in a previous blog, we also visited New York one year after I got tired of staying within Europe. My next plan is to push for either the Great Wall of China or a fly-drive from Las Vegas. I have always wanted to do a driving tour of the US.

Now I just have to learn to fly properly. Although there is one advantage of the queasiness and headaches I get from planes. By the time I reach the checking desk after landing, I'm so ill I look exactly like my passport photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment