Coming Soon

Sunday 21 April 2013

U is for USA

Whenever I'm asked to provide an author bio, I always include the line "would like to take a driving tour of America in a pink Cadillac Eldorado."

The Cadillac is optional, although I've always wanted to own one. However, the driving tour is something I've always longed to do. If money and time were no object, I'd fly out there right now, buy a decent car and be on my way.

Of course, I've been told many times that fly-drives or flying tours might be a better bet, since it would allow me to see the parts that really interest me while skipping the long periods along identical straight roads in the larger states. There's a fly-drive I've seen advertised that begins and ends in Las Vegas, taking in the Grand Canyon along the way - that would be incredible. And I'd love to see Niagara Falls, which would be quite a hike from the coast.

On the other hand, I think the journey would be good for getting a real feel for a state. And I'd love to follow in Billy Connolly's footsteps - or wheels - and drive Route 66.

Any US readers have other recommendations of places to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment